Wednesday, November 2, 2011

We All Have a Story

Are you a writer? Maybe only in your own mind? Or home?

We all have a story. Even if it's not a story you are willing to share. Then there are those of us who actually put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard. And still those of us who have sent in those pages to someone who can do something about it. An agent or publisher.

Where do you fit in? I myself fit in the category of just writing it and not doing anything with it. I am working on the "sending my stories to someone who can do something about it" category. I have several friends on my facebook friend list that are accomplished writers: www.daryndajones.com; http://www.candacehavens.com/; http://kristenlamb.org/; http://www.banterwithbeth.blogspot.com/ to name a few.

Do I think they sat around with stories written and just waited on someone to contact them and ask them if they could publish their stories? Not likely. I know for a fact one of them (because she is a close friend and told me so) in her own words: "pimped" herself until she found an amazing agent and earned a great book deal. She worked her tail off for years to promote herself and get ahead in the game. Researched!

Now, you might say, "I am not a writer, nor do I desire to be a writer." Well, this concept works with anything in life. Anything we choose to do we should do with the best of our abilities. Applying ones self to whatever you want out of life is always the best route to go.

Maybe it's a hobby and not a job. I have way too many hobbies in my life. I love all of them but don't do any of them real justice because I try to do to many different things at once. Right now I am taking pottery lessons. It is an amazing feeling to finish firing a pot or other object that I made with my own hands. I have started reading books and magazines and researching on the internet on how to "throw" clay. I am really "feeling" this is a lasting hobby. Of course, that remains to be seen. Its good right now. We shall see in another few months.

Where does your heart lie? What are you putting your time, resources, even your heart into? Are you applying yourself with all your heart? Are you striving to be the best at "it"? (whatever "it" is!) Are you researching your interests? You have always been told (hopefully by supportive parents or other family members) you can be anything you want to be. Well, guess what? You can! You have so much information available to you, you can do anything you want. If you can't teach it to yourself you can go to school to learn it. You can be anything you want to be. Or do anything you want to do. The world is at your finger tips!

Life is way to short to sit around not doing something you love. Even a hobby. Apply yourself with all your heart! Enjoy life to its fullest! Take a risk and start a hobby if you don't have one already. Better yet, I have a few to spare take one of mine!

Just get out and do something!

Tell your story! No one can do it for you!

God bless you,
Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment