Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Migraine.....'nuff said'

So who suffers migraines? Once a month? twice a month? weekly? Bless your heart if you say yes to any of these! I am a twice monthly migraine sufferer. I have tried more meds than I can count! I am on a medicine now that works really well at getting rid of my headache but is so strong I just go to bed for a day. Then I usually function normally the following day. (or abnormally!!) What is normal really? I know what you are thinking "a setting on the dryer".
I have started visiting a local health food store. And they have some great ideas about what might be causing my migraines. I am on a journey to see if I am allergic to things I would never have dreamed I could be allergic to. Milk, cheese, eggs to name a few. I am revamping my life in regards to the way my family eats and exercises. (Thank you, Jaclyn! My daughter is wise beyond her years!) No I am not trying to change anyone elses lifestyle here. I am just putting out information that may or may not help someone else. Information is power. Not POWER in "the Dr. Evil" sort of way, but power in that the more knowledge you have the better decisions you make. You wouldn't keep eating or drinking something you are allergic to just because you like it right? Not if it means being free from a migraine headache every other week for four days for twenty years! (I'm a little slow, but I get there!) So, do research! Then share that information with others. If you already have conquered your migraines through the change of diet, please, let me know what you have changed. One of the other things I am looking into is acupuncture. Whoa! I am terrified of needles!!!! But I have been educated on the subject from students of acupuncture. I am going to give it a try! Pain free is they way to live! We shall see. That will be the subject of another blog....when I brave the phone call to the doctor.
What do you need to change in your life to live pain free? Diet? Exercise? Friends? Family? (thats a hard one, huh?) Job? We all need to examine our lifes and make sure we are living up to our potential. Before you go yelling at the computer and telling me I don't know anything about your life....You are correct. I don't know what you are going through. I don't know where you are in life, but I do know everyone is going through something! So, let's be a little nicer, kinder, and sweeter to our fellow man (and woman!).
I hope and pray that you find something of interest in this blog today! Please, let me know your thoughts. I am open to suggestions on migraine control and family if you have wise council there, too! (Just kidding family! I do love you all very much!)
I will be doing some book reviews in future blogs. I love to read. If you are reading something that you think may be of interest to others, please, share the title of your book. I am always looking for good books.
God bless and have an amazing pain free day!
Sabrina :)

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you! Can't wait til you figure out what causes those migraines! Just be patient and you will know soon enough :) And remember, yoga cannot hurt ;)
    <3
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what doesn't kill us makes us stronger!!
    Yoga may prove to kill me!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete