Thursday, February 10, 2011

To blog or not to blog....

It's been harder than I thought it would be to find time to blog. I think of something to talk about and then never find a moment to write it down. When I find the time my mind goes blank!
There has been alot going on in our lifes the last few weeks. We traveled back to Portales to be with Darynda for her Launch Party of her newly released book, First Grave on the Right!!! Congrats, Darynda! So proud of you!
We brought my parents home with us for a few days. It was good for them to get out of their rut and see a change of scenery! They got to spend some time with their two great-grandsons. Of course, they are my grandsons, so, yeah, they are great! Over all we had a grand time.
It's difficult on families with aging parents. Especially aging parents that don't live close by. I know, I know, I am the one that moved away! But it doesn't make it any easier. I would like to snap my fingers and make them either not aging, not happening, or not so far away, possible. That is if they move our way.
My mom has entered the computer age of facebook. She now farms, on-line of course. She brags to my dad that she can harvest so much faster than he could, you know in the old days when he used a real tractor and had a real field with real dirt. It is keeping her occupied and I think even happy! I think it is good for an aging mind to stay active with modern technology. And she is staying in touch with family members she hasn't seen in years. Overall it has been a good experience for her. Dad isn't all that impressed with virtual farming. But at least he gets the TV remote!

I heard a new song on the way to work this morning. It was called 7 x 70. By Chris August. It is talking about forgiveness!
Matthew 18:21-22 tell us:
21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”
 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

Who do you need to forgive today? Don't put it off before it is too late!

Tell your loved ones that you love them every day!!! You never know when it will be your last time to see them.
God bless each of you and have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your gentle reminder, dear friend. We have need of forgiveness ourselves, and should always be generous with it to others. Someone so much wiser than myself once said, "forgive us our debts AS we forgive our debtors." Jesus was reminding us that we are asking to be forgiven in the same way that we choose to forgive others! Powerful, very powerful.

    ReplyDelete